Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Pictures for Progress- Spanish Translation


While I was in graduate school, I remember the pain I felt when I realized there just weren't any great therapy materials available for SLPs working with Spanish speaking adults.  My friend Normie and I agreed that we would pay any amount of money necessary to have something like this. Search as we might, the tools weren't available. So, like most students, we did the best we could with what we had. 

In the Spring of 2015, when I set out to create my first line of therapy materials, I had specific ideas about what I wanted. There was a short list of requirements:  a sturdy box, bright, contemporary photos, durable, wipeable cards, thought provoking questions and an available Spanish translation. 



Finally, 22 years later, (but who's counting) I proudly present....


Imagenes Para El Progreso: Espanol.



This 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch booklet is designed to accompany the Pictures for Progress flashcards. A spiral binding allows the book to lie flat and holds the pages neatly together. Made of thick card stock, the sturdy pages are designed to withstand daily wear and tear. 

With large print, and numbered, full color thumbnail pictures, users can easily locate the translations that correspond to the flashcards.  Containing two translations on each page, users can see the translated questions for up to four cards at a time- this prevents excessive page turning or the perception of disorganization that can be distracting during a therapy session. 

Knowing that there are numerous regional Spanish dialects, extra time and attention went into the translation process. While there is no such thing as one size fits all, this translation offers language that is appropriate for use in a great variety of geographical regions where Spanish is spoken. 

You can find this new Spanish edition in the Spontaneous Speech Store at SpontaneousSpeech.com.



To have a second language is to posses a second soul. 
Charlemagne 


No comments:

Post a Comment